The mission statement “Moving Minds” determines the view on teaching, working, and studying at UCLL, where creativity and interdisciplinary entrepreneurship are rooted in all its activities.
Examples that demonstrate UCLL’s commitment to encouraging interdisciplinary entrepreneurship:
- StartMinds: Flagship platform to inspire, coach and connect entrepreneurial students. Students receive personal advice from external experts through StartMinds cheques, have access to physical and digital facilities, and can request a special student-entrepreneur status, which allows for a flexible study program. StartMinds also advises on the development of new curricula on entrepreneurship and drives interdisciplinary cooperation through its umbrella function.
- Pukkelpop: Partnership with a major festival where students promote innovative and sustainable projects. E.g. Milk ‘n Boobs bar for breastfeeding mums.
- The Third Way: Curriculum for social entrepreneurship.
- Events with external partners from regional ecosystems, local business organizations, and incubators, such as PitchPlease and Le(j)on.
- POP-UP markets, Hackathons, Transdisciplinary Co-creative course units, elective courses on entrepreneurship, international collaborations around entrepreneurship, and much more.
In addition, UCLL and 5 other Universities take up a leadership role to drive change in the educational field. Together they form E³UDRES²: an Engaged and Entrepreneurial European University as a Driver for European Smart and Sustainable regions and E.I.N.S.: E³UDRES² Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network for Smart and Sustainable European Regions.
Each year the Moving Minds Awards are organized to celebrate the most promising entrepreneurial student projects. By creating Moving Minds with entrepreneurial skills, UCLL is committed to increase human capital in its region and be an active partner in sustainable innovation and social justice.
UCLL is constantly looking for new opportunities to push boundaries within or outside the University. The award of Young Entrepreneurial University would be a recognition of all the efforts made to create an entrepreneurial university that educates Moving Minds and encourages us to continue on this path.